Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Not Lost.....

 Years ago, I had a friend who got very upset when anyone spoke to her about her deceased spouse. When asked, "When did you lose your husband?" She'd reply that she did not lose him, he died! 

That particular sentiment has been on my mind lately, because I have just lost my husband. And, that's exactly what it feels like. He's gone. He is not anywhere around, and yet memories of him are everywhere. I just can't physically find him. And yet, I know, in my heart, that he is not lost. He is now in a much better place, and finally at peace.

The next few weeks will be horribly difficult. I'm overwhelmed by what needs to be done. It would be wonderful to have him here to help me, but that isn't possible. However, it is possible to remember the good times and embrace a totally new phase of my life. I have a wonderful and supportive family and a host of really good friends. God will work through those folks and I will survive.

Dear God: You are ever present and ever lasting. Be my vision into the future.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you.
Love always, Karen

Mrs. O'Daniels said...

Sending you love

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...