I'll Never Buy Another Thing!

 For the past two and a half weeks, my daughter and I have been attempting to tidy the homestead. We have donated numerous stuffed boxes and full bags, to three different thrift stores. Our weekly trash has doubled and the recycling guys probably dread making our pick-up. I swear, we have jettisoned at least a ton of unnecessary items. 

There's more to do. In fact, I will quote one young granddaughter who said, " No offense grandma, but your kitchen is a mess."

Then, my good friend came by and basically said, "When are you going to start sorting through stuff?" I wanted to cry.

Accumulating stuff takes time, but the cleaning and the clearing out of that accumulation takes time, too. It's a full time job, and we're getting it done, box by box. 

Good and all powerful God. Give us strength and courage to weather our current storm. Remind us that Your presence is our bulwark.



Comments

Karen said…
What a chore that must be.
Love you, Karen

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)