Friday, January 21, 2022

In Praise of........

Well, it's been one of those weeks. Three weeks into this new year and I'm thinking I would like to go back in time! We all know that last year was a doozy. But this year, well, it's shaping up as a possible rival!

However, in spite of many minor mishaps, I'm planning to focus on my joys. One of which is our public water system. Water flowing from the tap is a blessing. I know this, because for the majority of this week, we have been without water. Our water main, has operated without fail for the last 50 years, but three days ago, probably because of its age and the extremely cold weather, it broke or cracked. Who knows what happened, but all of a sudden, we were without water. 

From now on, we plan to have bottled water (I don't cotton to using too much plastic), stored in our fridge. Because, no water....no coffee. No water......no flushing, no showers, no washing hands, no hot tea, etc. No dish or clothes washer. Big deal lady, you think. Just go to the store and buy some. Not possible. Our solo car is in the shop, due to a hit and run (We weren't even in the car.) accident. No water, no car, and Scott's oxygen machine quit working yesterday. OM Golly.

But, we have electricity (heat and light), phone, and food. God is good. Life is good and it's going to get better.

Good God. We thank you for our many blessings. When time get tough, it helps to focus on the brighter side. Thank you for always be there for us. We praise your Holy Name.


1 comment:

Karen said...

In Praise of You and your Optimism! God is Good.
Love, Karen

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...