Friday, February 19, 2021

Not So Gracefully...............

 Aging is not for the weak. That statement pretty much sums up my life at the present.  I guess that I have been losing strength for a couple of decades, now, but just recently my inability to open "stuff"  has hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Suddenly, bags of snacks are being sealed with atomic glue. Bottles, with plastic screw-off caps are impenetrable and, well, forget about zip open packages, that refuse to zip! I'm having to resort to pliers, scissors and a goofy looking jar-opener to prepare a simple meal.

Is it possible to blame this phenomena on improvement changes in packaging, or do I just accept the fact my my kitchen is starting to resemble a tool shed? I'm using scissors, these days, more than knives! One of my favorite "tools" has become a "razor blade infused" box opener. In the past week, I have used that thing on a ton of stuff, including, a container of double a batteries (sealed so securely, it couldn't be opened by TNT), a plastic encased package of toilet paper rolls (and the rolls were individually wrapped, to boot), and a cereal box liner. Who knew eating breakfast could be such a chore?

Be careful out there, seniors. The Virus is dangerous, but so is a box of saltine crackers

Dear Lord. It's a lack of patience again. Show us how to accept our challenges and give you thanks for our many blessings.





1 comment:

Karen said...

Working on all of those items to open keeps you out of your snow and winter weather...
Love you. Karen

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...