Thursday, February 11, 2021

Enough is enough......

 Living in the Midwest, I am certainly accustomed to cold weather. However, it is now the middle of February and I am way "over" Winter. Deep in my heart, I am hoping that like so much of the other media news, Punxsutawny Phil's prognostication will turn out to be "fake news".  Six more weeks of this weather is going to be a drag. 

I'm sick of snow. Sick of shoveling it, sick of driving in it, sick of being careful not to slip and fall in it and totally sick of cleaning up the mess, when it is tracked into the house. I am tired of keeping the blinds and curtains closed, piling on extra blankets at night, and wearing extra clothes all day long. I want to go to bed, without wearing socks!

Snow is beautiful. It makes everything look clean and neat. It covers up the piles of dead leaves and dormant brown grass. I loved playing in the snow, as a kid, but when the temperature is hovering at zero, it's way too cold for kids to be outside. Enough is enough.

I have faith that Spring will come. I'm just very impatient. But, just like everything else I have to wait for, I want Spring, and I want it now. 

Dear Lord. Help me to practice patience. I know it is a virtue. Waiting is so hard. Help me to remember that life is a journey, not just a destination. Teach me to live in the moment.





No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...