Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Need a job?????

 Do you notice "word trends"? That's my label for words that seem to suddenly appear, out of nowhere, in our written and verbal language. And, in a few weeks or months, these words suddenly become part of our vocabularies. They show up, everywhere.

Take the word TEAM. That word has always been used, in regards to sports teams. Locally that would be the Chiefs or the Royals. Those are teams, for sure. But, TEAM has a new meaning. It's the term used to describe the folks surrounding someone.

I don't have TEAM, but I would normally define my team as "family". Family, however, might be seen as too broad in today's language. I could use "squad", but politically speaking, that doesn't send out very good vibes. "Posse" is too violent, and "girlfriends" can't be used because it is too gender specific. "Spokesperson" used to be a widely used term, but then, spokespeople started mis-speaking and things started to get really messy. "Staff" might work, but that word implies employment of others, and since I am currently retired and on a limited budget, I'm in no position to hire anyone.

More and more celebrities are being served by a TEAM. Celebrities all have a TEAM. I need a TEAM. If what I read is true, I could use my TEAM to speak for me, explain my mistakes, and do my work. I would never have to leave my basement. What a deal!

Dear Lord. Sometimes we need to be reminded that, eventually, we will have to take ownership of our sins and errors. We are imperfect souls. We make mistakes. But, You are our constant reminder that no matter what.....You will be with us, forever.


No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...