Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Improvements

 Before settling down every night, I am reminded of those TV commercials which inform us that some of the items, we purchase, may be "genetically modified".  Supposedly, that's not a good thing. But, in truth, most of us, now that we have reached a certain age, are ourselves "genetically modified". I know that I am.

It's impossible for me to sleep, while wearing my hearing aids. Strange high pitched wails are heard, if they are in my ears, when I lie down. So minutes before I hit the bed, I carefully remove them. Then, just before my head hits the pillow, I have to remove my tri-focal eyeglasses. I usually take them off, after I turn out the last light. If I did it any sooner, I might not be able to find the on/off switch on the bedside lamp! 

Science has contributed a couple more items that make my life more livable, but I won't mention them here. Let's just agree that none of us are exactly the same as we were 30 years ago. We've all had a little help.

Dear God. Help us to be the best that we can be. Remind us that we are in Your hands.



No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...