Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Trees......But not Joyce Kilmer's variety.

 From what I hear, retirement often causes the "Genealogy" disease. And, the bug has hit me. Now that I am not rushing out of the house, before 8 a.m., every week-day morning, I finally have some time to do family history. 

I've been able, with the help of some great friends, to gather mostly all of the facts that I need, in order to organize the leaves, on several branches of my family tree.  I've found the US Census records, birth records, death records, and photos of most of the graves of my ancestors. almost all of the facts are available, free on the Internet. It's all there, but it takes hours, for amateurs like me, to uncover the data and put it together in a form that makes sense. 

Now, I want to organize my finds, and start writing my recollections of those relatives that have passed. I can remember 3 of my 4 grandparents, very vividly, and I want to get their stories and personalities recorded for my grandchildren, and other interested relatives.

I have not discovered any serial killers or millionaire, among my fore bearers, but I know that there are some exciting stories. I just need to find them. I'm excited about this new task. 

Dear Lord. You know all things. Show us how to be life-long learners. Teach us to appreciate who we are and to honor those who have come before us. Remind us to be aware of those who will follow us. We ask these things in Your Name.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck and Many Thanks!
Your Much Older Sister...

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...