Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mikey Approved.

In my (not so humble) opinion there isn't much of anything worth watching on television, these days.  Because of the Coronovirus Lockdown, there are no live sporting events to see. Good Lord, I flipped by an Ali fight, the other day! How many decades old was that show? There are no new series episodes to watch and all of the live shows are being made from broadcaster's living rooms. I'm stuck in my own living room. I don't want to see anymore sofas. In fact, I think the only shows worth watching are the tremendously popular Hallmark movies.
At this point, I have seen most of the Christmas movies (and there are dozens), at least twice, but there are some of the Mysteries that are new to me. If you are not yet familiar with Hallmark productions, let me assure you "if you try them, you'll like them." Watch a few and you will soon learn why they are so popular.
Familiarity breeds contentment.
The plots are all Hallmark Productions are similar. Couples meet. Get to know each other. Fall in love. A misunderstanding happens. They split up. They get back together. They kiss. The End. In the Christmas themed movies there is always a lot of snow, Christmas trees, ornaments (Hallmark is the sponsor, after all.) and hot chocolate.
In the mysteries, there is no blood or gore, just a dead body or two per episode. The mystery always gets solved, the heroine never gets killed and the bad folks are generally captured alive! Most of the time, there is, yet again, a closing kiss.
The acting is good, maybe not Oscar or Emmy Award winning, but okay.
They are entertaining. I'm a fan.

Dear Lord. We are impatient.
We need to have Faith. You are our Constant, our Hope in time of trouble.


2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Great, Honey.

Karen said...

They always "cared enough to send the very best!"
Love you.

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...