"Getting to know you. Getting to know all about you.".......

Day thirteen of Nancy working at home, and in spite of the what I initially thought (I was horrified at the idea of not physically being parked behind my desk, from 8-4:30, every work day), I am reaping some real positives from the experience.
For instance: Since I have been asked to call each resident every day, Saturdays and Sundays, included, I'm honestly getting to know each and every one of them.Yesterday, I learned that one of our newest residents was from the same home town area as my father's family. I can't wait to find out if we have some similar experiences. I have discovered that some of our folks need a little encouragement, and quite a few residents need specific information every day. I'm happy to share what I know, with them. They are telling me what is making them happy and what is making them sad.  I am finding that I really enjoying my one-on-one conversations, with everyone of our residents. When I am talking to them, these days, on the phone, we are not being interrupted by other residents or by the constant incoming calls, from my desk phone.
Now, that is not to say that I am hoping that this particular distancing program continues for a long time. I hope it ends ASAP. But, until them.......Good morning! This is Nancy......

Great God. You are in change. We know that. Give us patience. Help us recognize that our sacrifices are nothing compared to that of many others. We honor your Holy Name.

Comments

Karen said…
God bless you, Nancy, for doing this with such love and commitment. I'm proud that you're my sister. Your residents need this one-on-one contact, and I can't think of a better person to do this for them. God bless you for your efforts.
Stay safe. I love you.
Karen

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)