Me too!

I read, today, of the plans to designate a "Legacy Seat", at Arrowhead Stadium, in honor of Lamar Hunt. Hunt was the original owner of the Kansas City Chiefs Football Team. He was also a founder of the  American Football League and promoter of many civic activities involving the team and its players. Mr. Hunt's "Legacy Seat" will be patterned after the one honoring former Kansas City Monarch great, Buck O'Neil, at Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals. Buck's seat is located along the the first base line. In his later years, O'Neil was a talent scout for the Royals.
"Legacy Seats" are placed very prominently, in sports stadiums, and guests of the ball club are chosen, to sit in the special seat during home games.
So, in that same vein, I am putting in my bid, in advance, for a "Legacy Seat", at McCrite Plaza Retirement Community. After I retire or pass on, which ever comes first, I would like a seat, dedicated to honor me.
Why, should I deserve this, you ask? Well, my seat would be in honor of all of the hours that I have spent trying to locate the residents when they have not pressed their buttons. (Residents know that they are  required to press their "all's well" button every morning, before 10 a.m.) Only about half of them follow the rule, on any given day, so it is my job to locate all of the scofflaws. No one, as yet, has escaped my sleuthing skills!
It will also honor the number of hours that I have spent looking for lost apartment keys, car keys, billfolds, money clips, you name it. The lost items are usually found in a pocket of the jacket or sweater that was worn by the resident, during the previous week. But, I deserve the Legacy Seat for searching!
The chair will have to be of abnormal height (just like the one I climb onto and off of, at least 3 dozen times a day). Above the very tall chair will be a sign that reads........"Ask me if the mail is here yet."
I imagine that my Legacy Seat will occupy a place of honor at McCrite Plaza, for a few months or so. Then, there will be other equally great employees to honor. One cannot expect permanent adoration!

All Powerful God. It is so hard for us to be humble. Everything we have, comes from you, We are thankful for our many blessings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)