Really?


English Grammar was not my favorite subject in school. Nor, was I very accomplished in anything that I was asked to do, in any of my many English Classes. However, I did learn a few very useful rules from Miss Besse, Miss Stephens, and Mrs. Ruth Lewis.
* It is never correct to end a sentence with a preposition. (Please refrain from asking me or any
 one, "Where did you go to school at? , or "Where did you work at?", etc.)
* When you are speaking of how you or anyone is feeling......please, use the word "well" and not
 good. (One should reply, to a health inquiry...."I am feeling well, thank you." Do not say, "I'm
 good.")  No one is asking about your behavior..only your health!
 * The trite phrase.."I couldn't care less" means, that you don't care at all. It is preferable to .."I
 could care less" which, doesn't make sense. You are saying that you care and actually you could
 care in a lesser amount. You care, but a little bit! If this is confusing, just don't use it.
I know that I am pushing the "three point sermon rule", but I have just one more suggestion. 
*There is no word "irregardless". Please, do not use it. The prefix "ir" means, without or not.
Regardless already means without regard.  The "ir" is redundant.
That is more than enough grammar for today. Just like your mom used to tell you....this is all for your own well being, or did she say good?

All knowing God. We are blessed. It is up to us to the best with what You have given us. Help us to make the best life choices. We ask these things in Your Holy Name.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)