"It's not for me to say".....but,

Most TV viewers, these days, subscribe to some sort of cable or TV Service. Long gone are the days of free TV.  Now we have, at the very least, over one hundred channels to watch, at any given time. And, we are paying a great deal of money, monthly, in order to have those choices.
Why then, when compared to the days of three channels, ABC, NBC, and CBS, do there seem to be fewer and fewer shows, being televised, that I actually want to see? Have my tastes changed or are the shows not so watchable?
I can watch News, on a myriad of channels. News is there to see twenty-four hours, every single day. News choices include: real news and fake news (depending on your personal political views), local news, world news, celebrity news, British news, news from Canada, Mexican news and occasionally breaking news.
Then, there are those reality shows. Are there really people who want to know what the Kardashians are up to....or making up!?? "Naked and Afraid"......no thank you. How about "Zombie Rehab"? Or,"The Deadliest Catch", "Ice Road Truckers" or the "Swamp People." How real is it, when you have a camera crew standing around taking pictures? No one is "for real", when there is a camera in your face.
Drama shows, these days, include more Zombie "doings", shows based on video games, and cop shows, complete with blood and guts!  I'm not interested in any of them.
Talk Shows are on all day and night long. Why? Anyone can talk. I can talk!
I prefer to read. Give me a good book, over TV anytime.

Dear Lord. Remind me that it takes all kinds to make this world spin. Show me the ways to appreciate everyone and criticize no one's choices. I am blessed.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)