Behind the Smile


Here is yet another small comment on the joys of technology.
Not a day goes by when I do not assist someone with directions. The directions could be to a resident's apartment, or a local store, shopping center or doctor's office. I don't receive many complaints, so most destinations must be reached.
However, my directional skill is a mystery to me. I don't know how people can follow my directions, because many of the folks (generally young people) ask me for directions while they hold a phone to one of their ears. Sometimes, they are actually carrying on a conversation, on their phones, as I attempt give them directions.
And, sometimes, it's not just a phone. They are often typing on a laptop or tablet, while I talk to them. Now that's just rude.
I want to yell, STOP IT. You asked, I would tell them... now, at least be courteous and listen to me! Oh, I dream up a whole bunch of smart lines to reel off, but the bottom line is.....I just give them the directions, with a smile.
Smiles can be so deceiving.

Oh Lord. Help us with our patience. Remind us that life is short and we should work to keep it sweet. Help us to calm rough waters. Teach us peace making skills and keep us safe. We praise your Holy Name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)