Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Determination

I have a 2019 Calendar that features a "word" of the month.  The 12 words are meant to inspire and furnish food for thought. Last month, the word was Community.
This month's word is DETERMINATION, therefore, my thoughts have been centering around that particular word.  I believe that determination in our lives is pretty darn important. Determination helps us get things done. Without determination we would accomplish very little.
Let me say, that my goal this year is to focus on determination, and to concentrate on what I intend to get done. But, not everyone feels that way.
I know of three quotes that speak to this goal. The first is attributed to Yogi Berra, the great Baseball Philosopher. He said, "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else." (think about it.)
The second quote comes from Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland. .
 He wrote, "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."(More food for thought.)
And, the third is biblical, Revelation 3:16. "So because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Have conviction.)
Determination. Know what your goal is and stick to it. Don't waver. Get a move on! Git 'er done!

Good God; I want to do the best I can, at all times. Help me to keep my eye on the prize. This I ask in Your Holy Name.


No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...