Acronymonist

BTW, for all my BFFs out there in email and texting land, please remember that I am over 70 years old and all of  your acronyms are making me LOL. Medical personnel, such as the RNs, LPNs, and their assistants, our CNAs, and CMTs, use them most often. They are always taking BPs and vitals. Occasionally, they will discover a resident with a UTI or other treatable illness and off to the ER, we send them.  Yesterday, I received a forwarded email from the visiting MDS expert.Hopefully, no one's life or well-being depends on my rapid response, because I didn't understand a word of it. It was full of terms identified as NOMMC, Nursing RUG, SNFABN and SOT. I am familiar with the term SOL, but not SOT. Well, that's not exactly true. I do know the crossword definition of sot.)
Later today, if we have an emergency, we will be visited by a group of EMTs in their ERV. The firemen arrive in a red fire truck. (That, I can understand.)
Once a week, an MD or perhaps he is a DO, comes to our facility. If he is unable to come, then a FNP comes in his place, to see our residents requiring medical attention.
For REHAB, we have OTs and PTs, to assist residents toward recovery.
All of these acronyms make my head swim, as I ROFL.
Who says I have to understand what I'm doing?

Dear Lord. Keep an eye on us as we age. We're doing our best, but sometimes it isn't quite enough.
Your steadfast love endures forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)