Thursday, January 11, 2018

Reality Check

Too many folks, refuse to look at who and where they are right now. Too many seniors focus on what they once were, and bemoan everything they have lost.
Why can't seniors look forward? We are wasting what is left of our time on earth,  by living our lives in fear of what is coming "down" the road.
I think we would all find ourselves in a much better frame of mind, if we accept where we are right now...in the present.....and look forward to what lies "up" the road, toward the best part of our lives.
For example, at my age, I am never going to look and move the way I did in my 40's. I've missed my chance to look great in a bikini, and wear 4 inch heels! There isn't a marathon in my future.
I will never be a young, busy mom again. Other women are doing that, thank goodness.
But, if we want to enjoy the rest of our lives, we need to accept who and where we are right now. We can't go back. We need to maximize the things that we can do and not worry about what we can no longer do.
Above all, we must be grateful for the small things that make our lives worth living. And, find a way to love and help others.

Lord, help me to look "upward" Help me to focus on the positive. I have far more blessings than I have aches and pains. I want to live for you.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

Beautiful, Sweetheart! No wonder the residents and staff are awestruck with you. I love you. Your Forever Buddy.