Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A New One

Happy New Year. ....and I hope it is the best one, ever.
Last year wasn't the best for many folks. Our home town had a few downs during 2017. We don't want to repeat them. The Kansas City Royals didn't win the Major League Pennant. Murders were nearly at an all-time high, and a lot of them remain unsolved. Traffic deaths were astronomical. The Kansas City Chiefs football team started out with winning all of their games, lost several in a row, and finished just so so. A lot of folks were just downright mean to each other.
On the home front, we had some medical issues. My husband Scott is still recovering from a broken leg and all of the surgery, rehab and transportation issues that go with that.
I cried a lot.
So, I look forward to a much better year. I have some goals this year that will keep us, at least me and my family, on the straight and narrow.
* I intend to laugh more and "let it go" more often.
* I intend to love more and judge less.
* I intend to pray more.....not for good stuff, but for acceptance and peace.
* I intend to say "thank you and please" any time I get a chance.
* I intend to love more and appreciate all of my blessings.

There you go.

Dear God, Thank you for this brand new year. I am sincerely grateful.

No comments: