Friday, June 9, 2017

Ten Thoughts

Here are ten things that I, as a senior, can do. (And many young folks cannot.)

1. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.........without using a machine.
2. I can read and write in cursive.
3. I am able to tell time on any kind of clock....not just a digital one or a phone.
4. I  can enjoy eating out,with family and friends, and not have to check my cell phone, once.
5. I know how to write a check, read a map and follow printed directions.
6. I can express myself in many ways...none of which include shaving my head or having some one stick an inky needle into any part of my body.
7. I can read a newspaper.
8. I cannot reproduce......and don't want to.
9. I can remember when I didn't have to pay to watch my own television, even if I had to get up to turn the set on and off.
10. I have had a productive and successful life, without having to post my every thought, action and bodily function, on the Internet.

We should appreciate all that we have experienced in this life. We can't be young again. And, would we really want to? I feel great about being who I am, who I was and who I will become.

Okay, God. Nobody told me what it would be like to grow older. I don't remember that class. But, with Your steadfast love, I think I am making the best of it. Help me to stay strong and healthy and to put Your will above my own.

No comments: