Thursday, March 19, 2015

What a day!

If you are a fan of movie musicals, you have to be familiar with the song, "Sisters". Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen sang it in "White Christmas". The two were performing siblings, warbling away about their devotion and jealousy of each other.
And, if you happen to have a sister, then you might find the song appropriate or at the least, rather amusing.
Today, I want to wish my much older sister a very happy birthday. We are what remains of our birth family. Our parents are long ago deceased and we have both enjoyed a lot of ups and downs in our relatively long lives. As sisters go, we have a lot of similarities and a few dis-similarities, and in spite of everything, we are "such devoted sisters."
"Caring. Sharing." I wish all sisters could be like us.

Gracious and all loving Lord. Thank you for family. Thank you for the special bonds of sisters.
I am truly grateful for my sister.

No comments: