Saturday, August 9, 2014

Meeeeeowwww!

Yesterday, I chased and caught a cat. No big deal, you say. People chase and catch cats every day....unless you mean a Tiger or perhaps a Lion, of some ilk.
No. I am writing about my experience with a common house cat. I don't spend any time around cats. It's not that I don't like them. I'm not one of those people who abhor cats and say with firm belief "that the only good cat is a dead cat". Oh, no. Cats are just fine......as long as they don't come near me.
I am one of the many folks who are allergic to felines. Really, desperately allergic to cats. If I am in the same house (not even the same room) with a cat, I will start to wheeze, cough and tear up within minutes. And, my throat starts to close up, if I am even near someone who has a cat. Let me touch a random cat owner's coat, hat, scarf or purse, and I know within minutes that the owner of these garments lives with a member of the feline order. They don't need to tell me. I just know.
So yesterday, I allowed a cat to escape from one of the apartments. Being a conscientious concierge, I took out after the escapee. Upon tracking him or maybe it was a her (I certainly didn't bother to check) down and pinning it with my right hand to the floor, I called for the owner. As I smiled, the grateful owner rescued Le Chat from my death grip and took it back to her apartment.
I kept my right hand away from the rest of my body and rushed to the nearest sink where I bathed, fingertips to my elbow, in hot water and soap.
Two of Christ's creatures saved.

God of our Universe. You created us all. Thank you for the animals that enhance our lives. Keep them all safe and in the care of those who love them. We enjoy your many blessings.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

Absolutely great!!!!!