Sunday, August 17, 2014

RECALL!!!!!!!!!

I received an interesting piece of personal mail yesterday. The letter, addressed directly to me, was from General Motors Corporation.
Now, please understand that we are not currently paying off a General Motors automobile. Our only GM car is a thirteen year old Cadillac, with a mere 350,000 miles on the odometer. We haven't heard from GM or a Cadillac Dealer in eight or nine years. All of the Cadillac "bells and whistles", like ON-STAR, have been expired now for several years......maybe a decade. The car runs like a top, but it is a junker.
Never-the-less, suspecting a major sales pitch, I opened my personal letter and read that "I must immediately strip our Cadillac key chain of all items, except the key". The key must be the ONLY item attached, in any way, to the ignition of our Cadillac. GM says that there may be something horribly wrong with the mechanism that triggers the ignition and the extra weight of the fob and anything else (Price Chopper, CVS, K-Mart, U.S.Toy discount mini-cards, the flashlight, Hand sanitizer, and panic whistle) attached to the key, is going to cause a wreck. OMG. Who knew?
The letter went on to state that there were no parts available, currently, to fix the problem. GM is going to let us know when to bring in the car for a re-fit of the ignition. Just be sure and reassemble our key chain, ASAP.
Right. I have enough to worry about, for Pete's sake. I refuse to worry about what damage my key chain is going to cause. We would have more issues trying to locate a safe and usable place for all of the stuff that GM wants me to remove from where I know it is. Lord, if I lose that stuff, I will be in a real mess.

Oh Lord: Help us hold our lives together. Sometimes it seems like we are being bombarded from all sides by nonsense. Show us a filter. Help us to see what the really important issues are.
We glorify your name. We praise your majesty and power.


No comments: