Saturday, August 9, 2014

Yum and then some.

During our journey to California this past week, I had the opportunity to taste several new dishes. I wouldn't call myself an adventuresome eater, but sometimes when the opportunity arises, I like to tickle my taste buds with something off the beaten menu.
Last Sunday night, I tried Paella for the first time, and I really liked it. The spices were a pleasant mix of some sort. And, who doesn't like rice, sausage, shrimp and chicken? The ingredients, in this Spanish dish, were blended excellently and I enjoyed the meal immensely.
Then, later in the week, I had an Ahi Tuna Burger. Of course, I have eaten tuna many times. Tuna Salad (of the Starkist kind) was one of the very first dishes I ever learned to make. I believe the recipe went down in Miss Esch's seventh grade Home Ec Class. However, this Tuna Burger consisted of fresh fish, grilled to a delicate hue and it in no way resembled that gray stuff called canned tuna. The burger, coated in Panko Crumbs,  was delicious.
Next, I tried Lemoncello. Talk about good! After I got over the fact that I wasn't going to eat reconstituted lemon geletin, I loved it. It was even better tasting because I knew that it was made from lemons grown not over 20 feet from where we sat drinking the delicate liquor.
Now, what did I learn from my Culinary Adventure?
You know! Of course it was...Try it, you'll like it!

Great and glorious God. We are blessed with sharp new adventures and soft comfortable memories. Thank you for allowing us to experience life each and every day. You are our Rock and our Salvation.

No comments: