Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"What's your name? Is it Mary or Sue?"

In the past few months, I have become acquainted with four women named Wanda, four more named Helen and three named Edna. Three Marys, two Margarets and two Virginias have also made their way into my life.
Names run in cycles, you know. It is reasonably easy to determine the age of a women by what her given name happens to be.
There is, of course, no woman over the age of fifty named LaToya or Brie. Most women,  around 60, have names like Nancy, Susan, Sandra, or Pat. Women, around 70 or 80, are Margaret, Wanda, or Betty.
The same phenomena occurs with men's names. Harold, Herman, John, William and Robert are, for the most part, all senior citizen names. Cassidy, Connor, Chase and Clint are names that have become popular in the last 20 years
Whatever our name is, the word defines us. Our name is what we are known by......forever.

Great God. We pretend to know how powerful you are. Your goodness and mercy are beyond our comprehension. We do know that you are always with us, through any difficulty. We know your name and you know our names. Watch over us and keep us ever mindful of your will.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so true lol. My name is Nancy, I'm 31 and I don't know anyone else by that name around my age. Everyone I know by the name Nancy is 40 and over...