Monday, May 12, 2014

Lost Cause!

There is a long list of things that I don't want to lose. I don't want to lose my car keys, which I actually do, at least once a week. My purse gets misplaced about the same number of times. Both, of course, are always right where I left them.....usually under my nose.
It seems that I can't read a book without losing my place, every chapter or so. The thought of using a book mark just doesn't occur to me until it's too late. I'm lost.
Although, I have two pair of eyeglasses, it is often the case that I can't remember where I put either pair. Unfortunately, my vision is nearly to the point where it is fairly difficult to SEE where I have misplaced them. Crunch!
At the top of my "no lose list" has to be a positive attitude. It must be easier to be bad tempered, as we get older, than to "accentuate the positive". Sometimes I think, getting old is synonymous with getting cranky. After all, the movie was titled "Grumpy Old Men", not "The Joys of Aging".
I just pray that no matter how old I get, I can continue see the bright side of things.
If my meal at the restaurant is a bit under average, help me to remember that it most likely will not be my Last Supper. A better meal is just a couple of hours away.
If I'm chilly, in my old age, please let me remember to put on a sweater. And, likewise, if I'm hot, I hope I have enough sense to take off that same sweater, and cool off.
Help me to remember that patience is a virtue. Waiting should remind me that I am blessed to still be here, living my life.

Our happiness often depends on our own attitude.

Good and gracious God. I want to count my blessings. You have given me so much to be thankful for. I am truly blessed. God, I want to keep my sense of humor. Bless me with the ability to appreciate what I have.
Your goodness endures forever, and I will appreciate your mercy until I am no more.

No comments: