Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Gone, but not forgotten.

Just the other day, or maybe it was the other evening, I was thinking about lost stuff. Not the little things that I misplace, such as my car keys or my glasses. And, not the big things that I lose regularly, like my car in a parking lot.
No. Really lost things, like gas station attendants. Remember when guys would actually come up to your window, when you drove up to the island, and ask you how much gas you wanted? Then they would proceed to pump it for you. Oh, and of course they would finish it all off by washing your  windshield. Where did that go?
Or milk delivered right to your door! Usually twice a week. That's lost, too.
What about those dime-a-ride horses and stage coaches that we used to ride (or at least get to look at) in front of the grocery stores? Where did they go?
Whatever happened to sidewalk roller skates, jacks or cat's eye marbles?
All of those items are lost!
I wonder what will vanish next?

Good Lord. Things change constantly. Our lives are very different now from when we began them, many years ago. We miss the way it used to be. But, we are blessed with what we have become. Maybe we really don't need those "lost items" so very much. Because, no matter what, we will always have the memories.
We thank you for our lives and for your very presence in all that we do.

No comments: