Thursday, March 20, 2014

Deja Vu, again.

So, quite a few years ago, in the midst of my substitute teaching career, I had a bit of an on-the job-injury. Putting it briefly, let's say that it was a combustable combination of large middle school male, rolling computer-lab chair and a small teacher with fashionable, open-toed sandals. The result was extremely painful and rather than killing the young man on the spot, I decided that his punishment should be to stand for the rest of the academic period. We all survived.
Fast forward to the present. I have a new job. I am much older and presumably much wiser. However, today I was injured in a very similar manner. This time the incident involved an octagenarian, a wheel chair ramp, an electric wheel chair and a small van driver wearing sensible flat shoes.
My toes fared the same in both incidents. I will be sore tomorrow, but I will only be impaired by a slight temporary limp. I will survive.
My point here is......life goes on, circumstances do change but sometimes we just never learn to GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Great Lord. When will we ever learn? We think we know everything there is to know. We are so wise and successful. When will we realize that without You and Your unceasing love, we are nothing? You are our source of power and knowledge.
Thank you God, for your everlasting care and concern for each and everyone of us.

No comments: