Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"...when you're perfect in every way."

I wear an nice brown apron at my new job. To some of you that might not be such a big deal, but believe me, I find it very humbling. Certainly not humiliating. Just humbling.
For years, I have been ANTI-APRON. Often, I have volunteered
with groups who have sought to designate their members by some type of uniform. Matching bandannas, tee shirts, hats, collars, pins,  etc. And, every once in a while, someone would suggest wearing aprons. At that point, I would always voice my opinion and declare aprons as sexist, cutesy and way too demeaning. After all, women have important work to do, in and out of the kitchen. Aprons just smacked of cooking and dirty dishes. I refused to wear an apron, at any event, under any circumstances.
Now, I'm wearing a cobbler's apron, every day at the store. It is very possible that God is trying to get my attention.

Wise and loving Lord: You always know what is best for us. Keep us ever mindful of our limitations and show us the best ways to do your work. We give you thanks for the lessons that you teach us. Humble us. Bless us as we go about our daily lives.

No comments: