Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ring-around-the Rampsies

I took my longest route to work the other day and shaved 10 minutes off my commute time. No, it wasn't a national holiday, but a regular, everybody-goes-to-work Thursday. Feeling very lucky, I dared to reverse my morning trip and made it home in record time that evening.
What miracle occurred, you might ask?  Well, I stepped out of my comfort zone or actually drove out of my comfort zone. Truth is, I was in a road routine rut. You see, we have lived in the same neighborhood for over 30 years and we have faithfully accessed a near-by highway by the same entrance and exit ramps, for that exact period of time. This route takes us through a small business area and is, I now know, a time consuming stretch.
A while ago, maybe a couple of years now, there was some construction between our house and the previously mentioned ramps. We knew they were building one of those traffic roundabouts (a double one, no less) but, we didn't even notice that they also built new off and on ramps, to the highway.
Lo and behold, the new ramps allow us to by-pass the shops and offices, and get right on and off the highway. Voila! A shorter commute.
Will wonders never cease?

Good God: We are so thankful that you allow us to learn new things everyday. Keep showing us that just because "We've always done it that way", routine can sometimes hurt us and keep us from growing both emotionally and spiritually. Change can be a very good thing. Open our eyes, that we might see the visions you have for us. We are ever blessed by your faithfulness.

No comments: