Thursday, May 9, 2013

Photo Op

My attention and interest has been inexplicably drawn to photographs, lately. Maybe I am getting bored by the printed word or I could be just slipping into another phase of aging. There really could be a stage, as yet unresearched, where seniors just start ignoring the printed word (a post-reading syndrome, perhaps) and just look at the pictures. Perhaps this phenomena is the beginning of my intellectual reversal.
While perusing the pix, several questions have popped into my head.
Why are the faces in most publicity photos of boy bands, rock groups and rap artists so serious? Not a smile from any of these folks. I thought making music was considered a joyful pursuit. It's not as if any of these musicians are being photographed in a salt mine doing forced labor! And, I think they are all making above minimum wage.
And likewise, why do all 20-30 something women now pose with their hands on their hips? Who started that? Was is Madonna or Lady GaGa? Honestly,
attendance at a local charity event, dressed in a Jaquelyn Smith ensemble, doesn't require the same pose as a red carpet celebrity wearing Prada.
And, finally. When did baseball caps get so big? Have they always rested on the ears of the players? Today's fielders resemble children wearing the uniforms of their fathers and uncles.The obvious comment would be about brain size, but I'm not going there.
So, maybe I am a bit crabby this morning. But, what is this world coming to?


Good and Gracious God: It really takes all kinds of folks to make up your marvelous world. We are truly thankful for our differences and our similarities. We honor your
creativity. We are thankful for our many blessings. Be with us today as we work toward your Glory.
 

No comments: