Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I once was lost......"

I lost my cell phone. Usually I keep my phone in a red (my signature color) pocket thing around my neck. It's where I also keep my bus pass and a couple of business cards. Being a tad deaf, it's the perfect place (near my heart and good ear) to hear the thing when it rings or shakes or whatever it does.
Well, in a effort to spruce up a bit, I put away the pocket thing and exchanged in for a pretty new necklace. The look was quite stunning.
The phone went in my right front pocket. And, then it was gone.
On the advice of several folks, I tried calling my own number. It went right to voice mail which meant the phone was turned off or the battery was dead. Great. Now what??? Where was that thing???? I needed it.
Four days later, it was time to do the laundry and there was my phone, in the hamper. No, it didn't go through the wash. It was recovered just in time.

God: Thank you for loving us no matter what kind of stupid things we do. We know that you accept us for the crazy creatures that we are. Keep me mindful that the best type of communication is prayer from me to YOU.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

funny, sometimes when I lose my keys (usually) I pray, Lord, I'm sorry this place is a mess...could You please help me find my keys? Ahh...I've had to say that prayer too many times :)