Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wait a second....

It's very dark when I travel to work. Yesterday, I encountered a young African-American man, on a black skateboard, dressed totally in black, traveling toward me, on my right. Needless to say, my heart stopped when I saw him and thankfully, I passed by without hitting him.
That experience made me think about how often we encounter situations that would be life changing.
What if I had hit that young man? Oh my, how lives would have been changed. Think about it. Life is so precious and our plans and aspirations can change in an instant.

Dear God: Has anyone talked to you lately about how challenging life here on earth is? I am in awe of the choices and encounters that we all have, minute by minute.
Thank you for our exciting existance. It's just not possible to be bored here on earth, your glorious creation.
Help me to be ever mindful of my blessings.

No comments: