Monday, May 2, 2011

1, 2, 3, go.......

I've been doing a lot of counting recently. During a recent "Volunteer Recognition Week", I handed out small beaded ropes to our volunteers. The explanation attached to these small gifts was one that came from one of my many crocheting activity books. Seems like most major religions use beaded objects for prayer count, etc. So, I reasoned why not give these little things out and suggest that my volunteers use them to "count" their blessings.
The volunteers accepted the gifts, and maybe we'll have a few more thankful folk in the world.
I have also been using a counting trick as a means to speed up my "falling asleep" at night. Here's what you do. Pick any large even number. Now concentrate on subtracting three from that number..then three more....etc. It puts me to sleep right away.
Now, maybe this only works for mathematically challenged people. But, I suggest you try it.

God. Our blessings are countless and our worries amount to nothing. Keep our eyes on the future. Looking back does none of us any good. Help us to focus on what is to come. Thank you, God, for your guidance and assurance. Amen.

No comments: