Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where's the blue bird?

Okay. I'm going to risk being called a grouch and a grump, but I've had it with the April Showers. Enough is enough. It's almost May, and we are in severe need of some Spring-like weather. Yesterday, a friend told me that she thought she had moss growing on her north side. It may be July, before my flower beds will be tillable!
It's cold and wet and miserable in most of the country.
My son once told me to quit complaining about the weather. I have a car he said. Leave, if you don't like it here. I've reached the point where if I thought I could....I would. It's time to "get out of Dodge". A warm Caribbean Island sounds great, about now. Honestly, I would settle for stepping out of the shower in the morning and not be freezing cold.

Hey God. My list of "wants" is pretty short, today. I want some sunshine. I'd accept just a couple of hours of warm, dry weather. I don't want to seem ungrateful for all of the wonderful blessings that you have given me. I do appreciate them. But, can we have some nice weather soon? Please.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

Thank you, Jesus. Sunshine at last on April 28th.