Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Now you see it........ Now you don't.

Yesterday, I needed to go to a county office on a car licensing issue. The person who waited on me had a BIBLE, visible on his desk. What a great idea! Put your faith right out there for every one to see. This clerk wanted people, that he deals with every day, to know that he is a Christian. We are known by our trappings, for sure.
I once worked for a man (not very long, PTL)who had a calendar of naked women on his desk. It was pretty obvious what kind of creep he was. He made everyone who dealt with him really uncomfortable.
So, look around your workspace. What can your visitors and co-workers determine about you from that desktop, kitchen counter, computer station or whatever you call work?

Good God, thank you for eyes. Sometimes what we are looking for is right there in plain sight. A Bible may be only a collection of papers with words on them. But, to me it's a collection of words and stories that help me make decisions on how to live.
I want people to know Whose I am.
I know that I am far from the best Christian, walking and talking today, but with YOUR help, You can show me how to live.

1 comment:

Dave said...

If you were to look at my desk (which is actually a folding table) you'd be quick to note that I'm in need of a new pencil sharpener and a paper tray. On a high note, I noticed my boss keeps a bible on top the console of his work truck!