Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"To every thing there is a season....."

Every morning on my way to work, I encounter a "traffic circle". I think another word for this type of configuration is a "round about". Anyway, whatever you choose to call it, it appears to be confusing to most everyone who drives into it.
I can only think of two of these type of traffic patterns in the whole Kansas City area. We mid-westerners, of course, are more accustomed to four-way stops, traffic lights and left-turn arrrows than we are with "traffic circles".
We just don't seem to know how they work! Are you supposed to use your turn signal or not? I tried using mine a couple of times, but it didn't seem to matter. There is absolutely no way to tell the direction an on-coming car will go.
And, it seems that people are confused about how and when to yield. Most of the time I just sit in my lane, until all traffic, in any direction is long gone. I think it's better than getting whacked by the car you thought was going to turn.

Hence that old saying........She who hesitates, doesn't get tossed!

Patient God. We are waiting for you to come this advent season. Good things do come to those who wait. You are so patient with us, as you listen to our wants and hear our demands. Why is it so hard for us to be accepting and patient? Why can't we listen more and talk less?
Guide us and teach us to be the people you truly want us to be.

No comments: