Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"You say neether and I say niither."

Controversy seems to have taken over the media. Are you, or are you not, in favor of a Mosque at Ground Zero? How do you feel about the new proposed skyscraper
(eight stories IS a skyscraper in Kansas City)on the Country Club Plaza? Should the Chiefs axe yet another losing coach? How about that Athletic Director Perkins at KU? Should he be fired? Should Fred Phelps be allowed to picket funerals of our Service Men and Women?
I have opinions on all of these subjects. I think I am a pretty passionate individual and I like to voice my opinion. God gave each of us a mind and free will, and like John Wesley, I think reason should play a part in creating our beliefs and making our decisions.
I do not believe in being luke warm.
Do I stick my foot in my mouth? Well, yes I sometimes do. Do I often sound like an idiot? Yep, that happens, too. Are there times when I need to do a bit more research on a subject, before I spout off? You betcha. Am I always right? Well, not all the time.
But, nobody can say I don't care.


Hey, God. Things are a mess down here. We can't seem to get much of anything right.
We need your help. Please, bring a sense of calm and reason to our chaotic lives.
Allow us to find common ground and bring us to a peaceable kingdom. Help us to love and respect one another.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I miss hearing that opionion on Sundays! I'm terrible at being luke warm...but I'm trying. :)

Unknown said...

I am so lucky that you are NOT lukewarm about anything. You keep me going, Dearheart!