Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Et tu, Milano.

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. This puppy has just recently learned how to "PUNCH" her very first Time Clock and I've also learned to electronically approve my very own time card.
Now, every morning, when I show up at a school, I sign in on paper (my duty for the past 20 years or so) and then find the school's Time Clock. These Time Clocks are at least "3 G" or maybe even "4 G". Very Hi Tech. We were all required to take a class on how to work the clock properly.
First, I key in my secret code. Then I insert my right index finger into the machine and it reads my fingerprint. Only then can I go to work. The same process is repeated as I leave the building.
When the machine registers my fingerprint, it gives me a score. I am assuming that a perfect score is 100, although my highest has been only 82. That must be passing? I've failed only once, so far, and when that happens the clock instructs you to insert your left index finger.
The time card approval is another process. Since we are just in the third week of school, for the 2010-2011 school year, I've only done it twice. It's harder to explain and I'm not sure I actually know what I'm doing or if I could do it again.

What's the point of this recital? Well, I'm a grandma and I'm still learning new things. I may be a little fuzzy, right now, on the process, but I'm willing to learn. Isn't that great!

Gracious God, Thank you for giving me new challenges. Each new obstacle and new experience makes me grow. It's your version of tough love. Yes, I can do it. But it takes your help and guidance. Lead me Lord. Show me YOUR way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You language and learning expert! Too bad many other people whose kids are grown aren't still learning. But, heck, they know everything anyway, don't they?

Dave said...

Are you teaching in a prison? Just kidding...but that seems like a lot to go through for the sake of making sure you're actually there. Hope you enjoy your long weekend!