Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Just Call Out My Name...."

I saw Carole King and James Taylor, in concert, the other night on TV. Have they had a history together or what? Singing and playing with each other for several decades. Well, when they sang "You've Got A Friend", it brought tears to my eyes.
I am also blessed with some truly wonderful friends. In fact, they are a significant part of my life. I would be lost without them. My Faith sustains me, but my friends give me purpose.
Scott and I have lived all of our adult lives away from our families. Friends have been there for us, whatever the circumstances, when family has not been able to be with us in person.
I'm certainly not the best kind of friend. I don't send many "Get Well" and Birthday Cards. I don't get to the hospital very often to see people. Frankly, I'm a pretty rotten friend. But, to those people who still love and like me, in spite of my short (no jokes here, tall people) comings, I thank you.

Listen God. You have blessed me with some pretty awesome friends. I would not be who I am today without the people you have led into my life. Thank you so much for allowing your good people to influence and guide me.
Help me and guide me to be a better friend. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are my best friend, and I'm glad for the friends that we have. They are a wonderful part of our lives.