Thursday, April 22, 2010

Faith, Hope, Love in Action

Well, it's almost here. Assembly in St. Louis, 2010, begins next week. Bonnie Stewart can't believe that I am already packed. Isn't everybody???? The list of agencies to receive Prayer Shawls and Baby Blankets has been sent to New York (Linda Douglas has filled a SEMI with items sent to WD, for this event). Paula has her volunteer list out. Rachel has her socks! What else, girls?
I am reminded of other Assemblies of recent years. The one 20 years ago in Kansas City. Dortha Mae was the Registrar. Cincinnati....singing "Lord, I'm available to you." with Betty Thurston, on a couple of street corners. Orlando....computer failure, and Whitney Houston's mother's Gospel Group. Philly...Marilyn and I in our Uncle Sam Hats touring the city's treasurers, and me experiencing ACELA and the subways. And,our last one in Anaheim.....Onikah(my mini-me)out on her own for the first time. Wonderful memories. I can't wait to make some more.
Just come and have a great time. Enjoy the uplifting music, the spirit filled worship and enjoy St. Louis in the springtime.

Gracious God, be with us as we travel to Assembly. Let us focus on the total experience and help us to cherish the good times. Bless all of the women who will come together in your name for the purpose of Mission to others.
AMEN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice and inspiring note!