Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Blazing Saddles"

"Ah Ha", you say. "Nancy and her amazing United Methodist Women are off to the Assembly in St. Louis".You're correct. We are gone! We are outa here! And, we will be joined by Bishop Schnase and anybody who is really "anybody" later in the week. 6500 Strong. United Methodism at its finest, friends.
I am reminded of a line from one of my favorite movies. (You all know I am partial to satire.....don't you???) DUH! Hedley Lamar (aka Harvey Korman) had a priceless line in "Blazing Saddles",as he spoke of all of the vile characters that he wanted to enlist in his murderous and infamous (that's "more than famous"...and another movie line in another movie) band of outlaws. He names villains, rapists, thieves, scoundrels, racists, murderers,......and finally Methodists, as those he wants to wreck havoc in his frontier town. Amen, brothers and sisters.
I'm with Hedley Lamar. I want the United Methodists with me.And,I really want the United Methodist Women with me.

Precious Lord, take my hand. Lead me and the Missouri Conference UMW, as we journey to St. Louis. Help us to make our denomination strong and help all of us to realize that our commitment to women, youth and children makes our denomination truly special.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so clever and intelligent!

Dave said...

What he said!