Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

March in Missouri, and there is snow as far as the eye can see. It's everywhere. eight inches in the Northland, this weekend. Go figure. Must be Global Warming,oops I mean Climate Change. I went to a meeting this weekend that cautioned me about my Carbon Footprint. Guess I will have to quit breathing and quit growing any plants. Carbon emissions you know!
Anyway, the snowfall was quite a surprise. I understand that the older we get, the less we are to enjoy surprises. I think the opposite may be true. My children have all known, in advance, the gender of their children. They can make more decorating plans that way! And, everyone tries to make plans as far in advance as they can, these days. Plans for summer vacations are made in January. Plans for Christmas are made in July. When we want to visit anyone, we have to call way ahead to make sure they can see us. Holy Cow, what ever happened to spontaneity?
So, go on.....surprise me. I'll love it. What can it hurt?

Kind and loving Lord. Keep my life fresh and new. Help me to be eager to meet the challenges of everyday life. Lord, I am available to you.

No comments: