Monday, March 29, 2010

One Month to Go

We are down to the last 30 Days before the Quandrennial Assembly of United Methodist Women in St. Louis. I wish I could say that all of the plans are made and that I feel settled about the event. But, I can't.
Plans from New York have changed and changed and changed. WE,the able volunteers, seem as clueless as we were a year ago. I keep telling myself not to worry. The professionals,on the East Coast, have been pulling these events off for decades now.
They should know what they are doing. Right?
Well, I can't help but worry. What if no one comes? What if I drop dead tomorrow? What if the hotels are bad? What if Marilyn leaves me stranded on I-70. What if it rains? What if the bakery forgets to bake the communion bread? What if? What if?
I get worked up about this stuff......usually in the middle of the night. Then I feel bad the next day.
Jesus has told us that worrying doesn't help. He is going to take care of all this stuff that I worry about. My mother used to tell me that "it isn't going to make any difference 100 years from now!" I am the quintessential "ye of little faith"

"Trust and Obey, for there's no other way,to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." Travel with me to St. Louis, Jesus. I need you.

No comments: