Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Once was Lost, but now......

I found Jesus. Yes, I had lost him. The 20 foot tall metal Jesus statue that was standing on the west side of I35 between Kansas City and Liberty has been located.
The owners of Jesus,the statue, knew where he was all along, but I didn't have a clue. I'm happy to have found him once again.
The statue was commissioned, I was told, for an event held several years ago at Arrowhead Stadium. Jesus was made for a giant gathering of Roman Catholics, organized for a particular cause. The statue is of the "sacred heart type" and created quite a spectacle from its pedestal along I35. The owner placed it there temporarily, until a permanent place could be constructed. Then it disappeared. No sign. No indication of where he went. I was baffled.
But, I found him. Jesus is now overlooking a small pond just south of the intersection of Parvin Road and the I29-I35 Split, in Kansas City North. It is the centerpiece for a new development of senior housing, which will include Stations of the Cross and a crucifix garden.
In my opinion, the statue leaves a lot to be desired. In other words, I think it is artistically ugly and slightly off putting.On its temporary base it leaned too far forward and looked off balance. And, frankly, yet another long haired, white-man Jesus representation, offends the realist in me. But,I sincerely support and praise the owner's conviction to have his faith represented for all of us to see.
So, I am happy to announce that Jesus has reappeared.

Dear Lord, many of us profess to be your children. It's too bad that more of us don't actually follow you and act like Christians. Help me to be more outwardly Christian, today and everyday. Help me to get my faith right out there!

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

I love you more than you can even imagine!

Nancy K. said...

I love you more than you can even imagine!!!!

Dave said...

I'm glad you found him! I wondered where he ran off to. I figured someone filed a lawsuit and had him removed...glad I was wrong. I'm with you on the whole appreance, but it was nice to see him every morning on my way to work. God Bless!