Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Followers of the Lamb

Maybe you haven't noticed, but this blog has NO followers. That means, of course, that just as I have suspected, I am writing to myself. I'm okay with that, really. I've been talking to myself for years. It comes quite easily to me.
Talking and writing to oneself is very good therapy.
Now, back to Followers of the Lamb. My husband,aka the Singing Sewer Man, will be performing with the Kansas City Chorale on October 18th, in KC. The Chorale will be singing several Shaker Tunes including "Followers of the Lamb", and five versions of "Amazing Grace".
Here are some words of Blasphemous Heresy. I don't like the song "Amazing Grace". Why, you ask? (See, I can even talk for you.) Because, no one ever sings it like they are truly amazed at God's Amazing Grace. Ever since it became a Pop Song (can't remember if it was Judy Collins or Joan Baez who sang it) in the 1960s, people have been sadly droning on and on about "being lost, but now am found."
That's Good News, people!
That's a happy and wondrous thought.
It's a "bright shining as the Sun" thought.
I will change my mind about "Amazing Grace" when people truly believe it.

No comments: