"What would you do if I sang out of tune?"

 I woke up this morning with a distinct and clear goal in mind. Today was the day to straighten up and  clean out a severely disorganized and messy kitchen pantry and spice cabinet. You know what I mean. Check the dates on the doubled up jars of spice and pitch out the expired ones. Consolidate packages of pasta and wipe up crumbs, etc. General clean-up duty. The job has been hanging over my head, as a must- get-it-done project for weeks. So, after perusing my email, Facebook and collecting my thoughts, I tackled the job.

But, first I asked Alexa to play me some 60s Rock. After all, who doesn't work best when listening to some Beatles' oldies or "Baby Love" by Dianna Ross???? Listening was good, but listening, singing and dancing is even better. When Aretha Franklin's "Respect" came on, I was singing right along with her and doing some great moves, as I danced from one countertop over to the other.  I finished the job singing along with the Beach Boys to "Surfin' U.S.A." (a Classic) and doing that overhand swimming move we all did, way back when. 

Job finished with a smile on my face. What a great feeling of accomplishment. 

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Dear God. I am happy. I am blessed. With Your help and a "little help from my friends", I will keep movin' and groovin".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)