"Try it. You'll like it!"

 Many of us get stuck in doing everyday tasks, "I've always done it that way.". But, oh what improvements we can make when we try some different approaches!!!!

For example. I like my coffee with a bit of creamer. Forever, I have poured a cup of coffee, taken a spoon out of  the silverware drawer, stirred my creamer into the coffee, placed the spoon into the sink and then take a sip of my coffee. I mean, I have had this routine for 60 plus years. 

Now, thanks to a wise suggestion from #2 son, I now put the creamer in the cup first. Adding the coffee automatically stirs the coffee. Amazing. I have simplified my life. I save time and I have one less spoon, to wash, per day.

I have, just recently, tried a few new ways to fold things and I am really liking the change that it has made.  I roll my t-shirts. It's neater and I can see them all lined up, individually, in the drawer. Selection is so much easier than the way I used to fold them. 

My sock drawer was once just a pile of sock balls. You know one rolled into another, to match a pair. I tried another kind of fold and now my socks are in neat little squares and standing up in my drawer. I can easily see colors and patterns, so easily. It takes a bit more time to fold them that way, but saves time when trying to locate a specific pair. 

And, I have done a similar "fold redo" to the kitchen-towel drawer. Saves so much time when looking for a particular kind of towel.

Now, before you start thinking of me as Madame Efficiency, please note that I am as messy as the average old lady. I'm just really ready and willing to find ways to improve my life. Change is growth.

 .........................................................................................................................................................................

                                                    Good Lord. We are thankful.


 

 




Comments

Karen said…
All of this new info could be ANOTHER chapter in YOUR book!
Love you, YMOOOOOOOOS

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)