Friday, February 2, 2024

"Stop and Consider......."

 I am blessed to live in a really nice house. My large kitchen window and a slightly smaller one, over my sink, face East. I can, although I rarely take the time to do it, observe the morning sunrise, from either spot. And, when I have seen the Sun coming up, I have noticed that it is often colorful and interesting. But, mostly I just simply drink my morning coffee, start my day and the Sun just rises, without me bothering to notice.

But, oh my, I can now compare my common place, Kansas City sunrise, to 16 days of Caribbean sunrises, and honestly, I'm not sure it is the same Sun! Near the Equator, the glowing orange/red ball, which slowly emerges from the deep blue, watery horizon each morning, cannot be the same Sun, that comes peeking over the Worlds of Fun water tower, from my kitchen window. 

Each Caribbean sunrise was stunning and unique. Sometimes a perfect sphere would just pop up, and other mornings, for four or five minutes a warm orange glow would light the entire horizon, before a dazzling globe would appear.  

On several mornings the rays, from the rising Sun, would make a perfect hourglass shape, shining above and before the big ball. Other days, the Sun would peek out from low clusters of clouds, just giving everything a shiny silver lining, in anticipation for a last-minute burst of sunlight.

Every morning the sunrise was a wow....a TEN. 

Take the time to enjoy the Sunrise. Take time to smell the flowers. We are all too busy. We are planning for tomorrow, next week, next year. But, sincerely, all we really have is the present. Take time to enjoy it. Today is a blessing.



1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you for the beautiful observation and Inspiration!
Happy you're Home and sounds like it was an Awesome Experience!
Missed you.
Love, YMOS