Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Fluffy, Spot and Chomper

 I don't have any pets, and I haven't had any in a very long time. It's not that I don't like animals, and I truly wouldn't mind caring for a small dog or fish or something, someday. If you ask me, I would probably dog-sit for your fur babies. But actually, at this stage of my life, I'm having a hard enough taking care of me, myself and I. Presently, the three of us are struggling. 

In childhood I had, if I remember correctly, maybe one cat and one dog (at different times), and I can't even recall their names. As an adult, our family had only one cat (we found out we were all allergic to felines) and three long-lived, fairly well behaved, large dogs. Normal, I thought.

Well, maybe not so much. I have a friend who is crazy about bats. I don't know if she has any pet bats, but she often posts pictures of them, on Facebook. And, then I have another friend, who just adopted two tiny bulldog puppies. Two. And, I am so glad she got them. Judging by the photos she has posted on the Net, I was worried that she would become the mother of an orangutan!!

But the pet owner, of all times, is yet another friend, whom I have known from childhood. He has had, over his lifetime, an owl, goats, ducks, cats, dogs, dozens of fish, a turtle or two and, believe it or not, an alligator. That's an abbreviated list. I'm not going to list all of the pets his children had, but I do recall that his sister had a pony and his father had a pet monkey!.

Having a furry or scaley pet, is a necessity for some folks. I will appreciate and honor anyone's pet choices. I'd love to have a chance to meet all of them.......at your place.

                                                            ..........................................

All powerful God. Thank you for giving us people and animals to love and care for. Teach us to appreciate all of your creations.




                                                    


No comments: