Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Silence is Golden

 Seriously, I had the best visit to my closest Chain Pharmacy, yesterday afternoon. The parking lot was pretty crowded, perhaps because of the closing of the Chain Pharmacy store, that was much closer to me. I didn't mind the extra drive, and apparently a whole lot of other people are reacting in the same way.

The store was crowded. I found what I wanted and spent a little more time just trolling the aisles. There were a few "after Christmas" sales, that caught my eye. However, I resisted all of the un-sold chocolate and holiday paper goods. I told myself that I had enough Christmas stuff and buying anything, just because it's on sale, is not prudent. Then, I made my way to the Check-Out area. The lines in front of the two clerks were pretty long, so I opted for one of the two Self-Checkout stations. No lines there.

The Self-Checkout Machine and I are fairly close. I've interacted with her (I believe it identifies as a female), or her cousin machines, at a whole lot of stores. Sometimes I get a bit agitated when we chat. She is, in my opinion, way too cheeky in her demands. And, sometimes she makes me repeat my scans or tap my card several times. I'm often not quick enough for her! Last night, our silent exchange was civil and without incident. I silently thanked her for her service, gathered up my self-packed bags and left the store.

I have to admit that I did miss the personal human contact, last night. I missed saying Happy New Year, to a clerk. I really enjoy talking, you know. However, that was remedied when I got into the car and turned on the radio. Singing along with Patsy Cline's, "After Midnight" CD (it's my favorite), can lift a girl's mood, anytime.

                              ...................................................................................

Dear Lord, Thank you for this beautiful new year. We have so many blessings.




No comments: